Saturday, September 29, 2012

Tumbling 1 Original Oil Painting by Karen Balon


Tumbling 1 from the Tumbling Series of 4
Each piece is 12"x12" Oil on Canvas
For a closer view or to Purchase Click Here

Technically, Tumbling 1 is actually the last of the 4 that I painted.  If you compare the bodies of the 4 this one has a less "speckled" effect.  I am not sure why?  But somewhere deep inside the muse just guides me intuitively and that's the way it appears on the canvas.  I can never paint something the same way twice which is fine as each "jellyfish" is different and has it's own unique personality.  
Yes, I do refer to them as jellyfish though they started out as a vision in my head and have morphed over time.  I actually see them to reside both in the Ocean and Deep Space.  Though you are welcome to see them as something else and somewhere else. 

You may ask, why did I name this one number 1?  To me, it just feels like it's the One that is starting the tumbling and goes head over heels from there.  What do you think?

I love it when you Share my work and posts :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...