Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Politician, Original Oil Painting by Karen Balon

"The Politician"Oil on Board 8"x8"
For a Larger View or to Purchase Click Here


I went to my first painting workshop a few weeks back in CA and one of our exercises was to paint a Rooster.  I had actually never painted a rooster before.  Quite surprising I know.  I found that I really enjoyed painting the rooster, especially with the palette knife!  I could create these wonderful stroke marks and have a nice build up of paint as I added color.  I LOVED painting the Rooster so much that when I returned home I just had to paint another one.  So here he is.  A good friend of mine named this painting for me and I must say I really like the title.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...