Saturday, November 24, 2012

"Dusk on Lake Como" by Karla Nolan

Recently we traveled to Northern Italy and stayed at a B&B in Plesio, on Lake Como (Lago di Como in Italian, the most musical of languages).  I was quite surprised at the size of the lake, miles longer than I dreamed it would be.  My husband does all the research and makes the reservations for dwellings on our trips, I'm sort of like the little puppy dog, tagging along.  Mind you, I do make my special requests periodically, but I'm a perfectly happy camper with him lining things up.  Maybe I'm lazy.  Naaah!  

Piero and Fiametta were the most wonderful, gracious hosts at their bed and breakfast.  This was our view from the front door of our one bedroom apartment.  It was breathtaking!  Piero also paints and Fiametta is an avid and enthusiastic cook.  We had the most splendid of times in Northern Italy, close to the Alps.  I hope I've done this one evening justice and conveyed to you the warmth of that special time.  

"Dusk on Lake Como", 5"x7" unframed oil painting on canvas, $70 includes s/h in continental U.S., contact me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information, Paypal preferred
Thanks for looking!

Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...