Monday, June 24, 2013

Day 11, Project 125 Summer Solstice Moonlight Painting on Lake Tahoe

© 2013 Becky Joy    Solstice Moonlight over Lake Tahoe    oil    6 inches x 6 inches    $125
click here to purchase.
Well, I'm a little behind on my blogging, but not behind on the painting. One more painting to get in today. I will be taking off in a few minutes leaving rainy Tahoe for probably rainy Oregon. I haven't looked at the weather for Oregon. Yep, just looked.... cloudy and rainy. It's before the 4th of July, so it was a safe bet I was right. So, I guess my next painting will be a rainy one.

 I had a busy weekend here on Lake Tahoe with my friend Michele de Braganca. Friday night we went down to the lake beach for a bar-b-que/solstice party to watch the moon rise over the lake. It was beautiful and BIG, which I think I told you a little about in the last post. Anyway, this painting was painted the next morning from memory. The sunlight was hitting the tops of some of the mountains while the moon was comiing up. It was gorgeous.

 Sat, I felt a little lazy, but did take care of business things, went on a walk and painted the above painting. In the late afternoon we all went down to the beach again for the start of the summer concerts with the "Trey Stone Band". Lots of fun dancing and listening to 60's music. It felt like HS days out there. Then dinner when we came home.

 Michele and I are already planning my trip next year stopping here longer, going out camping and painting to several locations around the area. Now, it's off to my next destination. Talk to you all later today or possibly two posts tomorrow to catch up on the blogging.
 Becky Joy
Website

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...