Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day 12, Project 125 Susanville, CA Barn plein air painting

© 2013 Becky Joy    Susanville, CA Barn      oil      6 inches x 6 inches    $125.
Click here to purchase.

I didn't get out of Lake Tahoe until almost 11:00. (I had to stop by the post office to get something in the mail that was overdue, oops!) Anyway, got my work done and posted my painting from the night before.

I remember Susanville from years ago going through there on the way to Reno from Oregon. I don't know why it has always stuck in my mind, but I do love those old barns and farms. In this barn I got a great shot of an old truck, which is below. I'll have to paint that later.

It was afternoon by the time I got in Susanville. I was struck by the beautiful blues of the mountains. That blue always seems indescribable in paint. It's kind of an ultramarine & colbalt combination. In this painting I placed the light of the sky against the dark of the barn, adding a little yellow and cad red to the white, just a tiny, tiny bit. I very seldom use a pure white in a painting and only sparingly.

Upcoming Workshops:

Hood River, OR  1 day plein air Sept 4, click here for info
Carmel, IN  3 day plein air Sept 24 - 27, click here for info
Tuscany, Italy June 7 - 17, 2014, click here for info
Korkula Island, Croatia  Sept 14 - 23, 2014, click here for info

susanville-truck
Talk to you all later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...