Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gateway Red Geraniums by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Gateway Red Geraniums
by Nancy Medina 
16X20
Oil on Archival Panel



Geraniums were the first flowers we painted in St. Louis, Missouri, last weekend, and one of seven demonstrations I completed for my 18 students. I painted crepe myrtles, rose of sharon, sunflowers, geraniums, white hydrangeas, blue hydrangeas, and delphiniums, and we had some of the most delicious lunches and snacks, thanks to Diane, our incredible hostess! Painting in a city as historic as St. Louis (founded in the 1700s!) was such a treat, everywhere we turned there were historical buildings and sites, and places I would have loved to spend a lot more time exploring. I'll be sharing more photos of the workshop and the beautiful paintings created by my students in the next few days so stay tuned to my art blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...