Saturday, July 20, 2013

Summer Rain Red Geraniums by Floral Artist Nancy Medina


Summer Rain Red Geraniums
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel




Summer Rain Red Geraniums was one of my class demonstrations in Lees Summit, Missouri last month, from our step by step afternoon paint-along sessions. These flowers were based on Connie Turner's glorious garden, the one you may recall we moved indoors, right into the classroom, one giant pot at a time. I decided I wanted to paint in oils years ago, for the first, time, after seeing a red geranium painting that made me want to cry. It was so beautiful, and the color so rich. If I could paint a geranium like that someday, I knew I would find perfect happiness. Little did I know, the art journey itself has given me just as much joy. For those who have walked this path with me over the years, I will have some exciting news coming up in the next few weeks, so stay tuned to my art blog for all the flower news fit to print!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...