Monday, July 22, 2013

"The First Ripe Raspberry" Original Palette Knife Painting by Hallie Kohn Art

Took this photo about two weeks ago and loved it! I never in a million years thought I would attempt to paint this with the palette knife. It was a complete experiment, so I decided to underpaint with the brush so that I could establish all of the shadows and "stuff" behind the subject. This proved to be very helpful and mind you, this is the second time I've used a brush in at least a year!

It was really fun and at one point I questioned introducing the knife at all... Then, just as I said to my husband that I wasn't sure how far to take it with the brush, the brush broke! I completely believe in signs, so decided that was a pretty good time to stop. (Kind of like when I've been on the computer for too long and the iPad just turns off...)

I'm so glad I pushed myself and did some playing because I love the way the painting turned out. Let me know what you think!

8x8 Oil on Museum Quality Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...