Friday, July 26, 2013

"Tiny Sunflower" Original Palette Knife Painting by Hallie Kohn Art

The southwest side of our house is next to the garage and a little side yard where I plant seeds with the perennials. Last year I had the most adorable fairie garden with delicate little flowers in all different colors. This year, I thought I bought the same brand and packaging, but think I must have purchased a butterfly or bird loving variety instead.

There were cosmos (which grow very tall), and then I was trying to figure out what these thick stalks were going to be--they seemed to be everywhere and so huge! We soon realized they were sunflowers and my little guys both got kind of excited about them. And with all the excitement (and eager volunteers) I had no choice but to paint one against a gorgeous summer sky.

12x24 Oil on Museum Quality Panel



[close-up view]

All these from a pouch of mixed seeds!

1 comment:

  1. Those are beautiful Hallie and such a reminder of summer.

    ReplyDelete

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...