Saturday, September 28, 2013

King of the Roost oil painting by Marion Hedger - Day 26, 30 day challenge

 King of the Roost by Marion Hedger
Oil, palette knife painting
10x15cm (4x6 inch) on MDF panel
Day 26, 30 days hath September challenge

My first ever rooster/chicken.

I should have paid more attention to the background and I might redo it. I was naughty and didn't pre-plan the background so I floundered a bit for which colours to use. Lesson learnt!

This has given me an idea of a rooster series for my kitchen in a larger size. I'm not particularly fond of chickens IRL but I did enjoy painting this for some reason.

The challenges certainly has me trying a few different things. I have a couple of abstracts in the making which I am allowing to dry up a bit before putting on the final layers as I want a broken paint effect. So maybe tomorrow I will have an abstract for you.
Take a look at Marion's art website


To receive email updates of my daily painting blog
Please enter your email address to subscribe:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...