Monday, October 21, 2013

SOLD ~ Hydrangeas and Blue Plumbago and a Space Coast Workshop by Nancy Medina

 

Hydrangeas and Blue Plumbago
by Nancy Medina

SOLD

20X16
Oil on Archival Panel




I am sad to say farewell today to the Space Coast, the warm sun, the full moon over the ocean, and a classroom filled with talented, funny, delightful students who are so lucky to live in this charmed place. It's no wonder my students were so good natured, I'd be smiling, too, if I lived in a place where the beaches were warm and the palm trees grew like weeds everywhere you look. 

As my workshop hostess gave me a tour of her town, I had the funniest sensation I had been there before, though I knew I had never been there. Have you ever had that happen? I told her I had dreamed when I was a little girl of living in a little pink house on the beach. She said there was a line of little pink houses just up the road, right on the beach, not far from where we were. We didn't get a chance to find the pink house of my dreams, but maybe that's all for the good. I'm still holding onto that dream! I'm sad to say goodbye to Florida, but excited to return to San Diego in just a few weeks for my workshop in Balboa Park. West Coat friends, I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...