Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Spring Memories - Coronado Rose Arbor by Floral Artist Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/dataviewer.asp?keyvalue=13043&subkeyvalue=1326878&page=WorksZoom

Spring Memories
Coronado Rose Arbor by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas

.
With temperatures in Dallas below freezing, and my toes feeling just a little numb right now, the time seemed right to break out the rose brush and recreate my trip to San Diego. This painting is based on one of the dozens of rose arbors I love on Coronado Island, just over the bridge, in Southern California. I miss the weather there, but somehow doubt Carlos and I will ever be able to afford to move back. I used to tell my friends that it was "an honor and privilege" to live in California, based on all the hidden costs that kept us living from paycheck to paycheck. But the beautiful landscapes, the amazing weather, and the lifestyle are sure hard to forget, especially right now in the heart of a Texas winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...