Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"Inspired by the Hydrangeas of Wales" by Karla Nolan



Yes, I AM part Welsh!  My mother's family came from a tiny town near Aberystwyth, a university town, and my husband, two daughters and I have been to visit our distant relatives, one time meeting my father there, also, he loved the Welsh relatives...with good reason.  Whilst there (don't I sound fancy!), I had the pleasure of viewing many beautifully hued hydrangeas blooming in a garden in Tenby, in the month of July, no less.  It was much cooler than we had anticipated, the weather was much like that of Scotland, cool, misty, foggy, and green, with a great deal of sheep and lambs about..  I loved it!  And my relatives there are wonderful, I hope we do get to see them again.  (I am also Jewish, so you can imagine how difficult life is with the native languages, Hebrew and Welsh, virtually impossible for me to learn either.  Oh well.)  

"Inspired by the Hydrangeas of Wales", 11"x14" unframed palette knife oil painting on gesso panel, click Paypal button on my blogspot, listed below, or write me at KarlaNolan@gmail.com for more information 

Thanks for viewing my art!  Greetings from Fort Collins, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...