Wednesday, April 16, 2014

New "October Reflections" Palette Knife Painting by Niki Gulley

"October Reflections" ©2014 Niki Gulley
30" x 40" textured oil painting on gallery wrap canvas

Living in Dallas we are surrounded by concrete, but I have a couple of favorite spots that I go to when I want to be immersed in nature. This pond is always filled with lily pads that I enjoy painting in the spring, but I wanted to paint them in the autumn this time surrounded by the beautiful fall colors. I loved the contrast of the bright azure sky being reflected an inky blue in the water against the fiery reds in the foliage. Arranging the composition in a circular pattern to suggest harmony and tranquility, I hope you feel energized and rejuvenated gazing upon this peaceful oasis.

To see more of my palette knife contemporary landscape paintings, visit nikigulley.com.

E-mail - Niki Gulley

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...