Saturday, May 24, 2014

"Approaching Carmel" Palette Knife, Abstract Landscape by Janet Bludau


14" x 18"
Oil on Canvas 
Parts of my initial underpainting show through the top layer of paint.  In the final stages I added palette knife markings to the painting, further delineating the shape of different crop sections.  Central California provides many photos for my paintings.  I like the geometric shapes of the land and how it all fits together as a puzzle.  Besides the useful photos,  some of my favorite places to visit are in Central and Northern California.  Carmel is at the top of the list.  Carmel is known for its beautiful coast of course.  The countryside of the Carmel Valley is equally beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...