Sunday, December 14, 2014

First Snow

First Snow - Sold
 5" x 7" oil on panel


After the first real snowfall of the year, I drove to an out of town gallery to collect a couple of pieces that hadn't sold during the summer.  The drive was lovely, as snow sat heavily in the trees, blanketing the world and making it look like a picture postcard.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw some boats that were pulled up from the water for the winter. Sitting there in the browned grass with snow covering the edges of the boat, I knew there was a painting in the scene.  Just a hint of the water behind the boat tempts the viewer to look further into the painting.

After each painting that I complete in my current series of boat paintings, I use the leftover paint on the palette to create a small 5" x 7" piece, usually available in my Etsy store.

You can find more of my work on my website Jeanette Jobson Fine Art, my blog, Illustrated Life and on Facebook and Twitter.  Stop by and say hi, I'd love to hear from you!

PS  Registration for my 2015 art workshops opens on December 15th   www.jeanettejobson.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...