Sunday, January 18, 2015

 Great Horned Owl 
5" x 7" oil on panel

Great Horned Owls are native to Newfoundland but not often seen.  Their colouring is a perfect match for their environment of spruce trees making them blend in beautifully.   These are glorious birds and powerful  hunters as I found out when one attacked my ducks in a meadow pen a few years ago. You can read more about that day on my blog and see some photos of the owl.

My Waifs & Strays sale of original art continues until January 31st.   Free shipping on most pieces within North America!

You can find more of my work on my website Jeanette Jobson Fine Art, my blog, Illustrated Life and on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...