Friday, January 16, 2015

Morning in Westerly, RI, by Carrie Jacobson

Morning in Westerly, RI
By Carrie Jacobson
Oil on canvas, 20x20

I found myself dismayed last summer by the monotony of landscape paintings that I saw at shows, and I vowed to stop painting landscapes - or make sure to strive, with each one, for something different. 

The photograph above darkens my colors, and this is the best pic of about 30. What appears red in the photo is mostly a screaming permanent rose, a little shocking but really quite delightful. 

To see more of my art, please check out my blog, The Accidental Artist, and my website, Jacobson Arts


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...