Thursday, February 19, 2015

FLORAL ABSTRACT by TOM BROWN

This painting is a balance between abstract and realism. It is obviously based on a real composition: flowers from my garden. But in this painting I have focused as much on the paint itself as I have on the flowers that are the subject.

Many of my collectors are not aware of my abstract paintings, but abstracts are something I truly love painting. A good abstract requires many of the same sound principles of composition and painting technique as representational work. The foundation of a strong composition creates a more dynamic and powerful painting.

Color handling, movement and flow, drama and subtlety, juxtaposition of value masses and the relationship of shapes, colors and textures all play important roles in creating a dramatic abstract that will stand the test of time.

Careful observation of this painting will reveal many of the same concepts that form the foundation of my representational landscapes, figures and still life paintings.

I hope this one moves your spirit the way it moved me while I painted it. Enjoy!
Questions? Email me at tombrownstudio@cox.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...