Sunday, September 27, 2015

Abstract,Mixed Media Oil and Acrylic, 10x10" "Layers II"

I have been feeling really adventurist lately and have been experimenting with some mixed media works.  The key word here is "experimenting" which means I have put in lots of hours and not so much in the "results" catagory.




I used an acrylic pouring medium on my support and found a nice harmony of colors. When it had dried, I started working over it with my oil paints

 

I tried to let areas of the underpainting show through.



I always enjoy working on something new and I am sure I will be trying this technique again in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...