Wednesday, June 22, 2016

"Summer Storm" by Lynda Cookson

A little different for me ... I don't often paint with watercolor, but when I do I thoroughly enjoy it and am surprised at the wildness and freedom which often results. This is "Summer Storm" which is now winging it's way to Australia to sit on the wall of someone who was actually a year ahead of me at school in South Africa. Now she's in Australia and I'm in France ... having met again through a mutual friend. Funny how life works.

"Summer Storm" by Lynda Cookson

The first "Summer Storm" which sold many eons ago, was inspired by watching the very wet and thundery summer storms reach us over the Riviersonderend Mountains of the Cape Province in South Africa. We were living in a little town called Greyton at that stage. Lovely memories.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...