Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sky Reach and Staying Loose by Marion Hedger

Sky Reach
by Marion Hedger
30x60cm
Oil on box canvas
SOLD

Brad Teare's latest post hit a note with me. My paintings can often be very 'tight' and it is  a constant struggle to stay looser. Often, I find myself overthinking the scene and so the painting gets tighter and tighter. Often if I scrape off the paint the resulting image provides a good loose underpainting that helps the process along. I do have to fight with my logical mind telling me that I am wasting all that paint, which with a palette knife is quite thick, but often the result is worth it... read more on my blog

CONNECT WITH ME:

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love receiving comments about our posts! Thank you for leaving us a comment - have a wonderful day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...